The Nunnery Gallery is seeking a team of enthusiastic volunteers to support its diverse range of local, national and international exhibitions and events. We have had a terrific start of the year with the opening of Traces of the Future exhibition, showing works by Evgenia Arbugaeva and Mariele Neudecker, and various fascinating events.
Join us as a volunteer this Spring for a wonderful season of events & exhibitions including Raw Materials: Wood running from 7th April to 4th June. If you’re more into Theatre, join the team and help us ensure the smooth running of Rhino, playing in the Bow Arts Courtyard.
This opportunity is ideal for students and those wishing to develop a career in the arts. Bow Arts volunteers will gain hands on experience of working for a dynamic & creative arts company in the arts hub of East London.
Shifts are organised on a rota basis around volunteers’ availability and other commitments. Shifts are available Tuesday – Sunday 9.45am to 5pm (with an hour for lunch), or 6pm – 9pm for events.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- Welcome visitors to ensure they have an enjoyable time at the gallery
- Develop experience of working with in an art gallery
- Use our social media channels to engage our audiences
- Interact with visitor groups
- Have experience in the gallery shop including keeping a record of sales
- Check works are safe and maintain tidiness.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have an interest in the arts
- Would like to meet new people develop skills interacting with the public
- Are friendly and reliable
- Are able to take on at least 1 shift a week during the exhibition period (3rd April – 4th June).
In return Bow Arts can offer:
- Hands on experience of working for an established arts organisation in the heart of East London
- Build confidence interacting with visitors
- Professional training from the gallery team at Bow Arts
- Reimburse travel and food expenses.
If you are interested in this role please send a short cover letter and CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Bow Arts states that this opportunity is exempt from the national minimum wage.