About the Nunnery Gallery
The Nunnery Gallery is educational art charity Bow Arts Trust’s not-for-profit, free and contemporary art space. It has been providing challenging and significant art exhibitions in east London for over 18 years from its unique former nineteenth-century convent setting, surrounded by over 100 artists’ studios.
Bringing to the fore pioneering exhibitions of often-neglected artists who have played a huge part in east London’s art history – including Madge Gill and the East London Group – to showcasing contemporary art at its most fresh and provoking, the Gallery programme aims to realise artists’ visions and provide opportunities for emerging artists. Exhibitions such as Visions in the Nunnery and the Bow Open Show have exhibited artists including Ori Gersht, Susan Hiller, Mikhail Karikis, Uriel Orlow, Mariele Neudecker and Mathew Weir.
Become a Nunnery Gallery Patron
Patron support enables the Nunnery Gallery to continue and expand its aspirations, providing vital funding, as well as a network to safeguard the future of the Gallery in an ever-evolving east London. Offering an unprecedented level of involvement and access to art, through exhibition previews, intimate curated events and access to artists through studio tours, being a Nunnery Gallery patron is unique in the relationship it offers and the opportunity it provides to make a sizable impact.
Being a patron is a chance to join an original network of people who have a shared passion for art in the innovative and teeming artists’ capital of east London.
Nunnery Gallery Patron, £350 per year*
- Special exhibition previews, with curator-led tours
- Exclusive patron events, including artist-led curated suppers in the gallery café space and Gallery Directors’ drinks.
- An insight to studio life through curated and exclusive behind-the-scenes studio tours: a chance to meet artists; view work first-hand; and learn about an artist’s career development, visiting one of our 12 studio sites across London.
- Invitations and information for all Bow Arts events and Open Studios.
- 10% discount in the Nunnery Gallery shop, including original artwork and limited edition print series.
- Acknowledgement of your support of the Gallery, on the Bow Arts website and on exhibition print.
Nunnery Gallery Young Patron, £250 per year
Including all the benefits listed above, the Nunnery Gallery’s Young Patron scheme invites involvement with, and support of, the arts at an earlier stage in an individual’s career. A chance to discover more about art and artists, and expand your creative network as you forge your own. Applies to under 35s.
Give the gift of patronage
Contact us for more information on giving patronage for a unique and exciting gift.
Payment can be made in full or quarterly, by Card, Cheque or Direct Debit.
Contact Sophie Hill or Rosamond Murdoch for more details
020 8980 7774