Call for Volunteers for Visions in the Nunnery
Visions in the Nunnery – a renowned showcase of contemporary moving image and performance work – is returning to Bow Arts’ Nunnery Gallery, London for a special celebratory tenth edition. Selected from over 1500 world-wide submissions, combined with a star-studded list of invited artists and previous exhibitors, the show will present a unique and exciting platform for cutting edge digital and performance art. With a diverse programme of events and performances it should be a particular and exciting exhibition to be involved in.
The Nunnery Gallery is the public exhibition space of Bow Arts, a registered arts and education charity established in 1995. Developed to provide affordable creative workspace in London, Bow Arts now manages nine studio sites across east London, as well as running an award-winning schools education programme.
Presenting a diverse programme, the Nunnery Gallery’s exhibitions aim to appeal to a wide audience with a particular focus on site-responsive work, together with shows that explore the history and themes of the local area. Events accompany all exhibitions, including panels, workshops and film screenings, creating debate and discussion around art in the community.
Ideal for students, those wishing to develop a career in the arts or those who are looking to support a local art gallery, Bow Arts volunteers will gain hands on experience of working for a dynamic and creative arts organisation in the growing cultural hub of east London.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcoming and providing exhibition information.
- Being first point of contact for gallery visitor enquiries.
- Checking works and exhibition space, keeping clean and tidy.
- Maintaining leaflets / printed information.
- Marketing, online and using social media.
- Overseeing visitor groups and providing tours as required.
- Overseeing gallery shop, including keeping a record of sales.
- Recording audience numbers / comments for audience development.
- Event support (optional)
- Exhibition installation support (optional)
What Bow Arts can offer:
- Expenses for food & travel.
- Training and support given by our experienced staff.
- Hands on experience of working for an established arts organisation in the heart of East London.
- The opportunity to learn new skills.
- A passion / interest for the arts.
- Good communication & presentation skills.
- Hands-on attitude.
- You will be expected to welcome visitors and ensure that their visit is enjoyable and informative.
- You will provide support to the Gallery Director including the day-to-day invigilating and running of the gallery space.
- All volunteers should commit for a minimum of 1 or 2 days per week for the full exhibition period.
Volunteering hours are 10am to 5pm between Tuesday and Sunday.