Bow Arts is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Finance Officer to join our friendly, dedicated team, and work alongside our part-time Finance Assistant.
The Finance Officer will oversee the successful and timely delivery of Bow Arts’ finance and accounting function, liaising with staff across all areas of the organization. To be successful in this role, you will be either be part-qualified (AAT or similar) or about to embark on training and have proven experience in a similar role.
The main duties of the role will be:
- To lead the month end process and assist on the production of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- To liaise with budget holders and be the first point of call with all accounts queries
- To actively support year-end closure including production of financial schedules, preparation for the annual audit and compilation of the annual accounts
- To make preparations to ensure we comply with ‘Making Tax Digital’ requirements
- To ensure that financial systems and processes are in place and operating effectively in the new financial year (April onwards)
- To liaise with the part-time Finance Assistant
Established in 1995, Bow Arts Trust (a charity and company limited by guarantee) has grown rapidly to become one of London’s largest and arguably its leading affordable workspace provider for emerging creative professionals. With a financial model unique for the sector, Bow Arts Trust has gained financial sustainability through growing its property portfolio and investing in local communities to deliver on our charitable objectives. We champion lifelong learning and inspire the future generation, providing young people and artists with the infrastructure, practical support, skills development and networks they need to enable them to secure employment and career opportunities, which in turn generates further social and financial investment back into local neighbourhoods.
If you are looking to join a vibrant and entrepreneurial culture where personal and professional development is supported, please click the links below to read the full job description and download copies of the application form and equal opportunities form:
- Job Description and Person Specification (PDF)
- Application Form (Word)
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (Word)
Application closing date: 9am, Thursday 22nd November 2018
Interview date: Monday, 26th November 2018
Please note, CVs will not be accepted.
Bow Arts is an equal opportunities employer and registered charity no. 1046958. The Bow Arts office is fully wheelchair accessible. Please let us know if you have any access requirements that you would like us to be aware of should you be offered an interview.