The Nunnery Gallery works with a team of enthusiastic volunteers who support its diverse range of local, national and international exhibitions and events.
Volunteering with us is an ideal opportunity for students and those wishing to develop a career in the arts, or those local to the area looking to get more involved with their community and history. Bow Arts volunteers will gain hands on experience with a dynamic and creative arts charity in the arts hub of east London.
Shifts are organised on a rota basis around volunteers’ availability and other commitments. Full day shifts are available Tuesday – Sunday 11am to 4pm (with an hour for lunch), or 6pm – 9pm for events.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- Welcome visitors to ensure they have an enjoyable time at the gallery.
- Develop the day-to-day experience of working in a gallery/exhibition space.
- Learn more about exhibitions, with the chance to meet artists, curators and the Gallery Director / Bow Arts team.
- Interact with visitor/community groups.
- Support, and take part in, public events, including workshops, talks and private views.
- Gain experience in looking after the gallery shop and promoting the sales of original artworks.
- Learn more about caring for archival objects in an exhibition context.
- Conduct safety/condition checks of artworks.
- Be involved in the installation/de-installation of exhibitions and events.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have an interest in the arts, social history and/or local history.
- Enjoy meeting new people and interacting with the public.
- Are friendly and reliable.
- Are ideally able to take on at least one shift every other week during the exhibition period (schedule depending, more or fewer shifts may be available).
In return Bow Arts can offer:
- Hands on experience of working for an established arts organisation in the heart of East London.
- Build confidence in interacting with visitors and experience of sales.
- Professional training from the gallery team at Bow Arts.
- Long term support through career development and giving references.
- Reimbursement of travel and food expenses.
If you are interested, or for more information, please send a short cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!