Arts & Events Manager (Maternity Cover)
Bow Arts is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and dedicated Arts & Events Manager (Maternity Cover) for their small Arts & Events team. The role will include management of exhibitions at the charity’s flagship Nunnery Gallery, delivery of creative projects, and management of the department’s celebrated and varied events programme. It is an exciting time to join the team with many varied projects on the horizon, including the new East London Art Prize, Maria Amidu’s Living in the Fear of Quicksand exhibition, and the annual Bow Open Show to name a few. As a Head of Department, rigorous financial management and encouraging line management skills are also needed as part of this creative role.
- Oversee and manage the delivery of the exhibition and event programme at the Nunnery Gallery.
- Oversee the delivery of our associated events programme, including community programming and artist CPD (Continued Professional Development) events.
- Manage the delivery of Bow Arts’ new art prize, the East London Art Prize, including developing the winner’s exhibition, managing the event programme, and overseeing the Prize’s growing reputation.
- Line manage the Arts & Events team, including Arts & Events Coordinator and Gallery Assistant (a trainee role filled through STEP scheme).
- Manage Arts & Events Department budgets, financial reporting and forecasting.
- Uphold key stakeholder and partner relationships, including project partners, artists, and gallery patrons.
- Oversee the delivery of the Art & Events Department revenue drivers, including venue hire, artwork sales and the gallery / online shop.
- Assist and contribute to the delivery of effective department marketing and press, including internally run campaigns and working with external project-specific PR.
- Maintain regular communication with Nunnery Café Manager and staff to ensure positive synergy between gallery and café and shared/collaborative events.
- Manage and oversee delivery of other Arts & Events projects, including public artwork commissions and artist residencies.
- Maintain strong working relationships with other Bow Arts teams, including Learning, Studios and Enterprise & Placemaking.
- Sit on and positively contribute to Bow Arts Senior Management Team.
- Sit on the Bow Arts Board of Trustees as interim Department Head, contributing to reporting as needed.
To apply for this role, please email the completed application form to email@example.com
If you have any questions, access requirements,or require the application in a different format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date:10am, Wednesday 5th October 2022
Interview Date: Week commencing 10th October 2022