Help the Nunnery Gallery to bring the East London Group paintings back to their home in Bow for a ground-breaking 2017 exhibition
The Nunnery Gallery is seeking a key business partner to figurehead its upcoming East London Group revival exhibition in October 2017. The exhibition will feature previously unseen works, hidden gems and local masterpieces by the important East London Group who were ordinary working men and women of the interwar period. Working alongside their everyday jobs, their art attracted local and international acclaim – and even sent them to the 1936 Venice Biennale – yet has remained largely undiscovered to our current-day audience.
Many of the works have been sold into private collections, or remain hidden from public view all over the country, and we are aiming to reunite these paintings once again in the true heart of the East End – the Nunnery Gallery in Bow. We are seeking financial support for a main sponsor to figurehead this unique opportunity and align their brand alongside an exhibition that will reach tens of thousands of local, national and international audiences. With interest ignited in the Group’s work from the Nunnery’s celebrated 2014 exhibition From Bow to Biennale, the 2017 show is highly anticipated and will showcase unseen work found since, together with a contemporary response from local artists.
Alongside the exhibition, the Nunnery Gallery will commission contemporary artists who live and work in the area to make new work in response to the sights, sounds and people that inspired the East London Group, supporting the thriving community of young, emerging and established artists still working in east London today. Placing these temporary art works in the public realm, around Whitechapel, Bethnal Green, Stepney Green and along the historic Bow Road, will attract significant attention, highlighting the heritage of this much loved area of London for audiences of all ages and walks of life.
Praise for From Bow to Biennale (Nunnery Gallery, 2014):
“a wonderful exhibition, made up of hidden gems that bring new light to the east end”
“a must-see exhibition” (5 star)
“an important exhibition highlighting a previously un-captured moment in time”
We are seeking:
£5,000 from a main sponsor for the exhibition at Nunnery Gallery, Bow.
£1,500 from three artist sponsors to give their name to the public commissions.
£100 from a number of donor supporters to lend their name to the exhibition & public commissions.
Or £9,500 from one figurehead sponsor, who would support both the exhibition and public commissions.
We can offer:
Main / Figurehead sponsor
- Will receive VIP invitations to a private drinks reception and tour of the exhibition with the Gallery Director for up to 30 members of staff / patrons.
- VIP tickets to the public private view (unlimited).
- Your company name / logo produced alongside the exhibition title on the wall of the Nunnery Gallery, as the named sponsor.Your company name / logo as the named main exhibition sponsor on all exhibition-related print, including press releases, advertising, 5,000 widely distributed leaflets and private view invitations (sent to Nunnery Gallery VIPs and Patrons).
- Your company name / logo as the named main exhibition sponsor on all digital material / press coverage, including all e-bulletins / event promotion (distributed to our 9,000-strong mailing list).
- Company logo on the exhibition page of the Bow Arts website (35k plus views a month).
- VIP tickets to the public private view (unlimited)
- Your company name / logo featured on exhibition-related print, including press releases and 5,000 widely distributed leaflets.
- Your company name / logo as the named sponsor on the sponsored piece of public art signage and all artwork-related print / digital material (large estimated footfall).
- VIP tickets to the public private view (2 tickets per donation)
- Your name added to the exhibition programme (1 name per donation)
Making a donation
For more information or to discuss your support please contact Sophie Hill firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 8980 7774 (option 3)
You can pay by cheque, online bank transfer, debit or credit card.