Submitted by Media on Thu, 26/03/2020 - 14:03
To help our creative community during current conditions and throughout the COVID-19 outbreak we've compiled a list of resources, activities and opportunities to get involved with, stay creative and keep a positive mindset which we hope will be useful for all freelancers and self-employed artists:
- Arts Council England is making £160 million of emergency funding available for organisations and individuals who will need it during the current crisis and have also changed the funding requirements for individuals and organisations currently in receipt of their funding
- Artist Support Pledge is a platform for artists to sell work (up to £200). Every time you reach £1000 of sales you pledge to buy another artist’s work for £200.
- Arts Marketing Association have some free webinars and workshops available to self-employed and arts organisations from well-being to best social media practices in response to COVID-19
- Creative Industries Federation and Creative England have collated advice from across the sector to provide guidance to those in the creative industries who are affected by the Coronavirus and its fallout
- Change.org has released a petition for a fund for freelancers
- Industry Minds is a podcast created to discuss mental health for people in the creative industries and now offers free one to one counselling sessions over Skype.
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources is a compilation of resources and websites that covers most areas of the creative industries (scroll down to International Resources (outside the United States) for the UK-relevant material)
- Create to Connect is trialling two weeks of fun, free creative challenges to do at home (starting 23 March)
- The Dots is an excellent platform for individuals to participate in workshops, events or even meetings and well-being activities run by freelancers are arts organisations.
- The Design Trust have announced extra online training for creative businesses (during COVID-19)
- General Assembly various free workshops to learn new skills
- Social Distancing Festival celebrates art from all over the world showcasing amazing talent and coming together as a community.
- Mind has created a well-being resource useful for tips and advice on how to look after yourself through these current conditions
- RINSE123 is advertising a monthly rolling set of 5 remote working creative placements, the first deadline is today (Tues 24 March) at 5pm
- Voluntary Arts launched Creative Network to get people involved in arts, culture & creativity to chat through these challenges times and make connections. Open to anyone to join via Zoom every morning at 9:30-10:30am, Monday-Friday.
- Sky Arts Landscape Artist of the Year offers artists the chance to win a £10,000 commission for a major British institution and £500 of art materials from Cass Art. Deadline: 17 April
- Visions in the Nunnery 2020 is an international open call for digital art, moving image and performance artists. Deadline: 21 June, midnight (GMT)
- Aesthetica Art Prize 2020 is open to multiple genres including photography, sculpture, installation, digital media, video, painting and more. Deadline: 31 August
Please note: all information is accurate of the time of publishing on Thursday 26 March 2020, for further information please visit the appropriate website. For updated information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit here.