Who: Artists / Designers / Makers
What: Expressions of Interest are invited to create an interactive outdoor learning artwork to be used by reception students in the garden of Woolmore Primary School. The artwork will be used for independent exploration and creative play, designed to be used collaboratively to develop gross motor, fine motor and sensory skills.
The successful artist/designer/maker will:
- Observe reception classes to see how students respond creatively
- Develop activities/prototypes to test with students
- Create the artwork, considering easy assembling/dismantling (if necessary), weathering, safety and durability
The commissioning panel is interested in design ideas that:
- Create a flexible structure/infrastructure that can be easily assembled/dismantled
- Create an interactive artwork that children can use for play, big enough for up to 4 children to use at one time
- Uses quality craftsmanship, attention to detail and has exceptional production values
- Integrates, or has the potential to integrate different textures
- Is safe, strong and durable for children to use autonomously
Total commission value including all fees, materials, fabrication and installation as required: £3,000.00
Woolmore is a primary school based in Tower Hamlets. Woolmore have high expectations for everyone connected to their school community: children, parents, staff, governors and visitors; they work together and are proud of the standards they achieve. In February 2015 Woolmore moved into a brand new school building that will, eventually, be a three-form entry primary school.
How to Apply: Please send your expression of interest digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your submission – Woolmore Outdoor Artwork followed by your first and second name in the subject line of the email.
The Expression of Interest should consist of a short CV/biog clearly demonstrating prior and relevant experience, and up to 6 examples of previous works. Format must be digital.
Closing date - Monday 18 December 2017, 9am.
What next: Shortlisted artists will be invited to work up more detailed proposals for a panel interview at Woolmore Primary.
- An optional site visit for shortlisted artists will take place at 10am on Wednesday 20 December 2017
- Interview/presentations for shortlisted artists will take place on the morning of Friday 5 January 2018
The deadline for the completed commission is April 2018.
Click here to download the Artist Brief.