Call for submissions for the 2016 Bow Open Show is now open!
We are looking for the most exciting works from Bow Arts artists to form the annual Open Show, taking place this June 2016. To submit you must currently hold a studio or live / work space with Bow Arts, or work as an artist with Bow Arts through education projects or commissions.
Each year we invite a different curator to make the selection of works for exhibition and we are delighted to announce that this year's curator will be artist Anj Smith. Described by the New York Times as an artist who "seems to have something small and vividly weird for every occasion", Smith clothes her painted world in an intriguing web of everyday objects, recognisable symbols of contemporary consumerism and nature that appears to gleam with the polished brush of a taxidermist. Inviting a guest curator to make the exhibition selection builds a unique and different view point each year and we're excited to see how this show will evolve...
To submit, please email an image of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org noting the following:
- Only one work may be submitted per artist.
- Please use your artist name in the subject line of the email.
- Images must be under 5MB and in jpeg or pdf format (please note that the exhibition is digitally selected so you'll have a better chance with a better image!)
- Digital works may be submitted using a link / password.
- You must include the work's title, date, medium and size.
- You must include an up-to-date CV or link to your website.
- Works must be available from 13th June (installation) to the 28th August (end of exhibition).
- By submitting you give permission for your work to be included in associated publicity and exhibition catalogue.
- If your work is selected and is for sale, it will be subject to our gallery terms and conditions.
Submission deadline: Monday 25 April 2016, 12 noon
Notification: Monday 2 May 2016
Exhibition dates: Saturday 18 June - Sunday 28 August 2016
Please direct any queries to email@example.com