Bow Arts are looking to extend their Artist Educator pool of Creative PPA cover artists to deliver weekly whole-class workshops to cover art lessons in schools.
We are particularly interested in hearing from artist educators who:
- Have completed a PGCE, have experience teaching in Primary schools or have been a full time member of staff in a school
- Are interested in long term commitments working one or more days in a school each week
- Have experience of planning and delivering art and design projects in a primary setting
- Are able to work with whole class groups, leading a session with the support of a Teaching Assistant
- Provide written planning for sign off by the school/Bow Arts
- To deliver a series of simple practical art lessons
- Oversee and manage the class, supported by a Teaching Assistant
- To liaise with, and report to, the Deputy Headteacher and Bow Arts project manager as appropriate
- To take part in the Bow Arts evaluation process
Artist Skills and Qualities:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Skilled and experienced visual artist educator
- Realistic in expectations and ambition within the framework of the project – i.e. short sessions, whole class groups, fast turn arounds etc.
- Able to work reasonably independently and flexibly within a busy primary school environment
- Confident and clear in managing whole class groups of up to 30 children, sometimes with challenging behaviour.
- Able to work with pupils and teachers of diverse needs and abilities, including those with Special
- Educational Needs or Behavioural difficulties
To apply please download and complete the Artist Educator Application Form specifying your classroom teaching experience. Deadline for applications is 12pm on Tuesday 1st May. Interviews will take place the following week.